Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What do I do with stargazer lilies after flowering. Plant out in garden?

After they quit flowering, you can plant them in the garden in a sunny place with good drainage. Let the leaves get a good 6 to 8 weeks of sun before cutting them back to the ground or wait until their natural die back. Those leaves are soaking up the sun and putting that energy back into the bulb so you'll have flowers again next summer.





Good luck!

What do I do with stargazer lilies after flowering. Plant out in garden?
They are pretty in the garden just make sure that where you plant them has good drainage. Add some sand to the soil to make sure your plant doesn't get too much water. I lost a bunch of mine before I figured that one out
Reply:after they have died back after the first good freeze you can just cut them back even with the ground. then mulch with shreded wood. Thats all I do in Maryland

shoes stock

No comments:

Post a Comment