Monday, February 13, 2012

Eugenia Topiary planted in outdoor flower bed- will it survive?

I live in temperate region of KY, have planted two of these topiaries outside in a flower bed. These were sold along with the other shrubbery in our local Walmart garden center, so I thought that's what they were intended for. Will the cold kill these? We have a few days of freezing weather in our winter months. Have I made a mistake or not?

Eugenia Topiary planted in outdoor flower bed- will it survive?
I live in Ohio and have also just purchased 2 eugenia topiaries. But I have planted mine in containers that can be wintered over indoors in bright light. They are hardy, as near as I can discern, in US zones 9-10, I googled the plants using "eugenia myrtifolia" to get information on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment