Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What plants are good to grow in a Patio Garden?

I am starting a Patio garden. I'm really excited about it. I have laid everything out and all i need are the flowers. I really want to plant veggies but i think i am going to wait till next spring so, I want to plant some flowers.





Any suggestions on what type of flowers to plant?

What plants are good to grow in a Patio Garden?
I don't know where you live, because certain plants do better in certain parts of the country. I can tell you I have had amazing luck with marigolds, african daisies, gerber daisies (my fave so far) and right now, celosia (ooh those are so cool! google 'em!) and 'polka dot plant' google that one too- (Hypoestes phyllostachya) which is a simply gorgeous leafy plant. Until I started these plants I thought I had a black thumb but they are actually doing great! Good luck! I love that you are excited about it, gardening is such a wonderful hobby, and next year I know you will have an amazing container garden with veggies too!
Reply:My grandson's mom has a real nice deck garden. It has sunshine most of the day. She's got everything--lillies, petunias, wild flowers, herbs, hibiscus (that she takes inside for the winter). She also has a patio tomato plant and strawberries. The strawberries are doing real well. Some on the flowers she has I can't name. I'd say any annual. They take a lot of watering, so you have to be diligent about tending to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment