Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How deep of a trench should I dig next to the house to add a rock garden?

There was an old over grown flower bed when we moved in. I am not good with gardens so I opted for pretty river rock. After I removed the above ground weeds roots and such. I found a dozen or more big tree stumps that had been cut but still were sprouting. After a healthy dig around, I have discovered an intricate series of roots going in every direction. I want to dig up enough of them so they don't grow back. Any good advice would be appreciated. This is my first fixer upper. And lawncare is not my strength.

How deep of a trench should I dig next to the house to add a rock garden?
You only need to go about 4 inches down. Lay down weed barrier fabric, keeps weeds from sprouting and probably your "little tree sprouts" too. Build a border with treated landscape lumber( should prevent the termites) then cover with the rock.
Reply:I am sorry i can't really help you with the garden.

May i suggest you don't dig a trench and put in rocks right next to the house.

Many houses have chemical barriers to prevent termite access , digging the soil out may allow termites through.

In fact the garden should not of been next to the house in the first place.

Invest in a termite inspection and get advice from a good pest controller before disturbing the soil.

I see so many houses with termites which start from gardening.

lol


  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment