Thursday, January 26, 2012

I have grown rocket in my garden and the plant has started to flower-?

Are the flowers edible? and also how is the best way to prune to get another yield?

I have just taken the fattest leaves so far--should I just cut the tops off as well?

Thank you for your time
I have grown rocket in my garden and the plant has started to flower-?
The flowers will be edible.



You can try to stop the plant from going to seed by cutting the flowers off.



If the plant flowers it will eventually go to seed if left.



Rocket needs successive sowing throughout summer if you want to keep eating it.



It is not a perenniel plant and therefore will not come again next year - however if it has seeded itself it might come back next year but it will be a brand new plant.
Reply:should not have let it flower, you should pinch the buds out before they flower
Fillings

No comments:

Post a Comment