Friday, January 27, 2012

What does my portrait of flowers No. 34 Display'd Flower Garden, Garden of the moft beau. What is moft beau?

I think its something in the French language. Would like to know the meaning of it. Translation please.
What does my portrait of flowers No. 34 Display'd Flower Garden, Garden of the moft beau. What is moft beau?
I think theres something missing, namely the letters "tiful".(most beautiful).In older handwriting, an s looks like a modern f.

There is no word "moft" in french.

Look at these sites for an example of how an s can be confused with an f :

http://amberskyline.com/treasuremaps/old...

http://www.genealogia.fi/faq/faq031ee.ht...
Reply:Pretty weird. I think that this is the product of one of those scanners reading text, some software messes up a lot of the words. On the source box I am adding the link with the document all messed up, you can see there what I mean. All the "s" seem to have been replaced with "f" ( I see the word "Chelfea" for "Chelsea").



See this text, I don't know how it will show on on Yahoo, but on the original, "beau" is on one line and "tiful" on the next:



"The Oxalis verficolor is confidered as one of the moft beau

tiful of the many fpecies cultivated in gardens"



So, I think your text means "most beau...tiful" :)



Cheers
skates
  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment