Thursday, January 26, 2012

I want my garden to have flower all summer( canadian ) from spring can some one tell mename of flowers so the?

so my garden always boom from may to oct
I want my garden to have flower all summer( canadian ) from spring can some one tell mename of flowers so the?
My garden is in full bloom from May to Oct. here in US zone 5. I Have spring bulbs tulips, crocus, and hyacinths. I then have many perennials such as delphinium. foxglove, iris's, alliums, mums, asters, lavender, bug bane, astilbe, Russian sage, and yarrow. I then top it off with anuals such as African daisies, Persian shield, fan flowers and salvia. I also plant cannas. My garden is always in bloom and attracts many butterflies and hummingbirds. I hope this helps.
Reply:Most annuals will bloom for you from late spring throughthe first frost. Such as marigolds, impatiens, snapdragons, petunias, etc. Just go to your local nursery and see what annuals they have starting in May.



The downside, is that in exchange for all-season-long blooms, they don't live to the next year, and you have to plant again the following year.



If you want a season-long-blooming perennial garden - you have to coordinate things that bloom at different times through the season, so that something is in bloom all the time.



Start with spring flowering bulbs - tulips, crocuses, daffodils, hyacinths, etc. Then get some late spring flowering things, like columbine, lillies, etc. Summer bloomers like Black-eyed Susans (rudbekia), start blooming in July and bloom profusely and continuously through frost. And they spread, nothing bothers them, and they're one of the easiest flowers to grow. Also, you can add fall-bloomers like mums and asters. Get the right mix, and you have an ever-changing garden, with something flowering all the time.



You can also tuck some annuals into the spots where your spring flowers have died back, for extra bloomage through the summer.
  • lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment